Quote Me On This!

Comments on things I find interesting and compelling enough to make me write. I look forward to your thoughtful comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunnyvale, California, United States

Monday, September 17, 2007

Windows Live Services -- I'm not impressed!

Since writing my last post on Windows Live I have had a chance to run the downloaded applications on my laptop. Unfortunately, I'm not impressed. First, it installed programs that I did not want -- Windows Desktop search. This program alone slowed my computer tremendously. So it had to go.

Even though I do not have friends who use Windows Messenger, I gave this program a try because it works with Yahoo! Messenger as well. Again, this program is very heavy to run. It had to go!

Now, about Windows Live Mail. I liked the overall look and feel. But, application slows my computer down to snail's pace making it impossible to work with any other program running. It is much slower than Thunderbird 1.5 and even slower than Outlook. Of course, it does not even come close to Gmail's browser interface which is at least 20 times faster than this program. My decision, therefore, is to not use this program anymore and just stick with my good ol' Firefox browser and Gmail.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Renu said...

Good thinking :) Firefox is the best!

4:29 PM, July 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home